Tuesday 12 November 2013

The Rhodesian Boiler

The Rhodesian boiler I built for my parents during my teens is finally falling down. Although almost 40 years old, its condition hasn't deteriorated to quite the same extent as this one:

broken donkey boiler



rhodesian boiler
 I have constructed a few more of these since, but thought that this time around I should do some research on the web beforehand (I didn't have that luxury in those days.) I found a number of photos of the classic design, as found around many rural houses and camps throughout British colonial Africa:
rhodesian boiler

To my surprise, however, there was very little other technical information available and, as it appears that I know more about these boilers than most other folk, I decided this time around to write up my experiences on this blog. So, here goes ...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment